Paul Wilmot Communications is looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Public Relations Senior Account Executive to join its thriving Fashion team, which works with both men’s and women’s fashion and accessories brands. The ideal candidate will manage brand launches, on-going product placement, executive profiles, press previews, large scale events and junior staff.
Paul Wilmot Communications was established in 1997 in New York City. Over the course of the last 20 years, the agency has produced a significant public relations track record drawing from the highest profile fashion houses, prestige beauty brands, global consumer brands, retailers, and luxury lifestyle clientele. By cross-promoting within our divisions, PWC offers our clients access to new markets, thought leadership and increased visibility.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess a breadth of experience across men’s and women’s fashion and accessories clientele, with a minimum of 6+ years of experience in this area. This candidate will manage a comprehensive roster of editorial contacts spanning Assistant, Associate and Executive-level in the fashion, accessories and lifestyle press, and have the ability to negotiate and secure features, executive profiles, design stories, product placement and ongoing coverage on behalf of clients. This candidate will have superior knowledge of the evolving media landscape and regularly contribute to new ideas for placement opportunities. Responsibilities include:
- Lead Client Liaison with support from junior staff
- Maintain aggressive account activity, using current PR plan as a framework
- Handle majority of pitching for the client – including strategizing on larger scale editorial opportunities; continually update and monitor status report to ensure pitching efforts are on track
- Research potential partnership opportunities / arrange meetings with strategic partners (including, but not limited to, speaking engagement opportunities, brand endorsements, event hosting, etc.)
- Develop and execute PR strategies on behalf of clients and their initiatives
- Attend virtual or in-person divisional meetings equipped with pertinent updates, client issues, applicable news to share with the team
- Uphold a strong understanding of social and digital media and its overall importance
- A strong understanding and awareness of the influencing social media talents of the moment and the content belonging to each
- Fashion Week and FOH event production experience
- Seek out and handle virtual or in-person desk side appointments (bringing assistant when applicable), collection previews, etc.
- A strong understanding of media reporting for a specific brand and its commercial initiatives using Meltwater, Cision, Google Reader, etc.
- Must have 6+ years’ experience
- Open to all candidates
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills; able to communicate across the organization at all levels
- Ability to implement strategy and has an enthusiasm to present learnings proactively
- Knowledge of Watch and Jewelry, Accessory and Fashion Industry a plus
Please send resumes to email@example.com